Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Our Cakes Throughout the Years: Pink Skull Cake


Pink Skull Cake
This cake was designed for my friend's daughter's birthday. The birthday girl requested a pink skull theme. The cake is covered in whipped frosting, and decorated in pink and black buttercream. The border on the bottom is black fondant painted with edible black glitter. I handcarved the skull out of gumpaste, and painted it in edible pink glitter paint. The cake topper is a gumpaste heart painted in hot pink glitter paint, and I made the scroll out of gumpaste. I wrote the girl's name with edible black marker and shaded it to look like an old school tattoo style. I also made black poppies with hot pink center to adorn the cake. Also..not sure why the cake looks like it's crooked in the picture.. but it was completely level. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment