Monday, January 31, 2011

Our Cakes Throughout the Years: Vanilla Cupcake with Honey, Lavender Sencha Tea Frosting

I have really been on a kick lately trying to come up with unique flavors. I recently was at Mitsuwa, a Japanese supermarket in Edgewater, NJ. I stopped by a Japanese tea kiosk and found a Lavender Sencha Tea. The tea has a wonderful, fresh lavender scent that flavors the green tea sencha. I instantly became inspired to use the tea to either flavor a cupcake or frosting. I decided to make a Honey, Lavender Sencha Tea Frosting to go with a basic vanilla cupcake. The frosting has a light tea flavor with hints of lavender. The honey adds a touch of sweetness, and I added a tiny amount of lemon flavoring to give it a bit of acidity to balance out the sweetness. The frosting is very light and delicate and goes so well with a vanilla cupcake. It also works well as an accompaniment with a cup of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment