Friday, April 1, 2011

Our Cakes Throughout the Years: Lemon Chardonnay Cupcake with Blueberry Goat Cheese Filling


I was playing around again in my "test kitchen" and created a Lemon Chardonnay cupcake with a blueberry and goat cheese filling. The frosting on top is a chardonnay buttercream I created. I really enjoyed the cupcake but found the lemon to be a bit too overpowering over the chardonnay. Next time, I would definitely lighten up the amount of lemon added to the cake. I wanted the chardonnay to be the star. I created a chardonnay buttercream to balance out the lemon flavor. The buttercream almost had a meringue type of texture. The frosting was so light and airy. I loved it! The filling is a goat cheese base frosting with fresh blueberries mixed into the frosting. The blueberries are a great pairing with the lemon flavor of the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment