Monday, May 30, 2011

Our Cakes Throughout the Years: Curious George Birthday Cake


This is my son's Curious George-themed birthday cake I made for him to celebrate his 3rd birthday. I made George out of rice cereal treats and covered him in fondant. I made the cake to look like George was decorating the cake himself. I made a little piping bag to go in George's left hand, and had some "frosting" (actually just yellow fondant) coming out of the piping bag onto the cake. The little cake is vanilla cake with buttercream frosting. I had my son decorate the cake, so it actually looked like George did it himself. :)

For his birthday, I also made banana cupcakes to go with the Curious George theme. I made banana cupcakes with peanut butter frosting, banana cupcakes with chocolate frosting, and my Elvis cupcakes (banana cupcakes with peanut butter frosting and topped with bacon).

No comments:

Post a Comment